Sunday, May 25, 2008

The alcoholic's playground

I went to Ginnie Springs today. I have to say it was absolutely amazing. I have never gone on a college spring break trip but if i had this is how i imagined it to be. There were thousands of people everywhere, all in bikinis and bathing suit bottoms. all with drinks/beers in their hands. Everyone was shouting and running around like children, laughing and having a jolly time. The best part was that everyone was friendly, everyone was just relaxing and having a good time and everyone helped each other and had fun together. That made me feel really happy. I don't often witness this kind of thing from groups of people but it really was fantastic.
I went with co-workers, who i love. we had sandwich stuff, drinks, and lots and lots of rum, beer, and wine (for me). I bought a floaty that is shaped like a chair with cup holders and was as happy as ever floating down the river, drink in hand, ass in cold water, and surrounded by laughter and good friends. It's really one of those moments that makes you sure there is a God because there is too much love in your heart to believe this is possible from anything but a higher being.
Aside from all that I already mentioned swimming in a spring is LITERATELY THE MOST RELAXING AND REFRESHING THING TO DO IN THIS WORLD. I am absolutely obsessed with springs. I fell in love the first time i every stepped into a spring, deeply in love.
I would love to get married at a spring, its so beautiful and glorious to be in the presence of something so natural, untouched by humans (for the most part), and full of life.
If anyone wants to go i am sooo down!!!

No comments: