Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gabby: Blue Healer

Gabby is a Blue Healer who I met at Pet smart here in Gainesville. She is ridiculously sweet and needs a good home who will love her. She only weighs 20 lbs but is supposed to weigh up to 35-40. She was heart worm positive when brought back to Helping Hands animal shelter. They rehabilitated her after her over 500$ treatment.
She has only a few draw backs, she seems skiddish and likes to jump up a lot.
After being in a cage for a few months I will probably have to rehabilitate her. She needs so much love. It's soo sad to see such a loving and sweet animal thrown out and without a home. I am seriously considering adopting her. She would be a perfect companion for me. She isn't too big for the apartment and isn't an annoying small ankle biter. She is loving and likes to play, she is two years old so she will be potty trained. She is leash trained because people walk her on a leash every day. She is crate trained because she is put into a crate twice a week. She is also the most expensive dog they have because she was treated for heart worms, which for those who don't know is one of the most expensive treatments there is.
I just have to make sure I haven't taken on too much with school and extracurricular activities.
I don't want to get her and then not have time to give her the love she needs. I will be thinking seriously about it and if she is still there when i decide, well, I will have a new addition to the family.
Let me know what you think I should do...

No comments: