Sunday, August 10, 2008

a sad fact

Today at work I got to know a kid, only 16. He is mexican but looks Indian, not native american.
We got to talking about all sorts of things. Just getting to know you stuff. Out of almost nowhere he starts to tell me about how his latest girlfriend was crazy and pretended to be pregnant and pretended to have gotten a std from him.
This honestly shocked the hell out of me.
Sure, I generally don't think about whether or not someone's sexual experiences may exceed my own because thats just weird to think about. Generally without even realize I am doing it I assume that people have similar values to me as far as sex and money, etc.
This could not be farther from the truth.
This boy who is only 16 admits to me that he has already had multiple sexual partners and two of which have claimed they were pregnant from him. this kid is not a huge stud, he is just your average mexican.
He said that the girls he dates are sluts, " they are the ones who open their legs" he tells me. I am pretty sure he got that I was shocked and afraid I would think he was a slut, or a bad person. I am sure my facial expressions gave my judgement away.
I didn't mean to judge him, it just shocked me.
It began to piss me off that he said the girls he slept with were sluts but not him because they spread their legs. It geniunely pisses me off the way guys think of girls.
Maybe girls in Texas, that's where he is from, are much more loose. Maybe all girls are much more loose than I imagine.
Maybe I am a huge prude?
I was very shocked.
I could never have sex with someone I did not truly love. I don't get how people could.
Maybe My views on sex are completely skewed or maybe the world has turned into a big orgy and no one told me.
The way he talked about his sexual experiences with me was so awkward for me, 1) we were at work. 2) I barely knew the kid. 3) I think he was hitting on me because he kept joking with me about it all and making comments.
I hate that i felt so self righteous because i had stronger morals and value than he does. i actually felt like a better person than he is because of his life choices. I know it is wrong and I should never think these things. The truth is I am proud of the fact that I am not a slut. I am proud to say that I have only had sex with one person and I have no desire to add to that number. i can stand proudly and say I love sex, But I don't need to sleep with more than one person to feel validated.

3 comments:

Jbird518 said...

I started reading this and I was like, whoa this is David's blog. Then I was like WHAT!?!?! it's cristys.

dMonti said...

A) Hah to Josh, B)I'm not quite sure what you're talking about by referring to Mexicans, C) I don't think you're a prude D) The world's not a big orgy, you know there's plenty people who don't sleep around

Anonymous said...

1. The world is a big orgy, and I told you about it. I tell you just about every day.
2. I think it is worse that you continually refer to this kid as Mexican. It is at least just as bad as his references to his girlfriends as sluts.
3. I really don't get it, everyone thinks slut is such a vulgar term. I equate it with the female version of stud...
4. Yes, you are a prude.
5. I can have sex with someone I don't truely love, cause truely isnt really a word.