Saturday, June 28, 2008

Irony

I am a murderer.

Background: For christmas two years ago Josh did a wonderful thing for me. He relieved my pain of not having a pet. He bought me a chinese dwarf hamster. She was ours. he loved her too. We named her peanut and he loved to come over and see her.

fastward to the beginning of the month-
She was put in the den when smokee, misty's cat, had to stay with us for 2 weeks because she would be out of town. We didn't want the cat to be curious about the mouse like creature so we put her in a safe place.

I gave her food before I left for vacation with the idea that my mom would be here to give her more food and water when she ran out.

two weeks later-
I am sitting in the computer room where I never go because I wanted to write a blog and the internet I was stealing got wise and blocked me. I was forced to use my mom's slow ass aol internet to write my blog.

My mom comes in and asks how is peanut doing...
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
I FORGOT ALL ABOUT HER. I DIDNT THINK OF HER ONCE IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS.

certainly the food I gave her had run out and her water had probably been gone for over a week.

I was slowly and painfully killing the pet that Josh and I shared. How ironic I have also been killing our friendship with jealousy and anger.

Thank god my mom said something to me because she was almost to her death bed. She was emaciated, dehydrated, unable to open her eyes and barely able to walk.

Also, thank god I am not going to be a vet. I almost killed a hamster. I can't even imagine the pain she is going through right now and it is all because of me.
I think we got her in time. she seemed very responsive after drinking for 20 mins straight.
I am praying that she does not die.

No comments: