Sunday, June 22, 2008

unexpected fun

Fun can come when least expected.
I went into work at 6pm thinking how much I hated being there and missing stuff with friends on a Saturday night.I was also depressed about other things. I was just in a miserable mood. I was even late because Taco Bell decided to actually fix the time of the store to real time and since it is usually 7-10 minutes slow I plan accordingly.
I knew I had a rough shift ahead and was dreading even being alive today.
That all changed when 10:00 pm came around. Things started to look up. I decided we needed some stats on the kind of customers we have. I decided to tally up on a napkin how many customers are 1) assholes, 2) super nice, 3) annoying, and 4) drunkies.
by the time 3 am rolled around and the store was closing I had a good idea without even counting and I'm sure you all do too.
First of all, it was fun to label people into those categories if they fit and secondly it was funny to see what we really had to deal with.
assholes-15
super nice people- 8
annoying-14
drunkies- 18
I should probably elaborate on what it takes to land in one of these categories.
assholes -are people who you try to be nice to but they still give u dirty looks, and also people with generally bad attitudes. thankfully they are usually easily ignored or few and far between. It really depends on the night.
super nice - these aren't just people who say thank you at the end. these are the brave me and women who admit if they were wrong and who can make me laugh on a terrifyingly long shift.
annoying- these are the people who are so dumb it just annoys you. these people do not understand or care how to order food properly. they don't know what they want and they are rude when they are asked questions. these people have a habit of changing their order at the last minute and take an unusually long time searching for money or the gear changer to get out of the drive through.
drunkies-self explanatory.
Should also know the extreme customers can fall into several of these categories at once.
The night was surprisingly fun and got my mind off of things that I need not think about. I was grateful to be with tina and other to cut up and enjoy making fun of retard customers.

No comments: